Where is Netflix blocked
It does not work? Doesn't exist! 5 typical Netflix glitches and how to fix them
The name Netflix stands for modern video streaming like no other - we already took a closer look at this provider in our Netflix test. We will introduce you to alternative online video stores in our large video streaming test 2021.
Unfortunately, nothing is perfect - Netflix sometimes doesn't work properly either. Many problems can spoil the enjoyment of a film or series, from difficulties with logging in to error messages to eternal “buffering”.
We have put together the solutions for typical errors and problems with Netflix here so that you are prepared and always get your dream video up and running quickly. But first, a few basic rules for troubleshooting.
Problems with Netflix: What Now?
Netflix doesn't work? Depending on where exactly the problem is, different solutions come into question. If you cannot log in or a video you want does not start, you can first take the following steps to narrow down the problem or perhaps even solve it right away.
Check 1: Is the problem on my side?
As with other companies, Netflix sometimes experiences technical errors and glitches. In these cases, you cannot solve the problem on your part. But at least you won't waste time and nerves troubleshooting if you know that there is a problem with Netflix and the company's technicians are already working to fix it.
Netflix maintains a page where you can check the Netflix server status. Here the platform indicates at any time whether there is a malfunction. The down detector is even more interesting. For many large online services, this page shows whether and where more and more malfunctions are currently occurring.
The distribution of the fault reports is clearly shown on a world map. As with Google Maps, Apple Maps or similar map services, you can zoom into the map to see certain areas in higher resolution.
If it can be seen here that you are probably dealing with a problem with Netflix, the best thing to do is to contact support so that they are definitely informed about the problem. And then you have to wait and see. On the other hand, if everything seems clear in your region, you can try the following troubleshooting steps.
Check 2: Is my software up to date?
Whether you use Netflix with a browser or with an app - problems can arise in both cases if the software in question is out of date. It is always worthwhile to exclude this source of error, because if in doubt, newer versions run better. So update your browser and your Netflix apps if you can't use the platform as usual.
The update takes place for iOS and Android apps where you originally downloaded them: in the App Store or Play Store.
You can achieve this view in several ways:
- using the keyword search in the Play Store
- by looking for the app from the "Previously installed apps" row on the Play Store home page
- by opening the burger menu in the top left corner of the Play Store and clicking on "My apps and games". By default, this will take you to a list of all installed apps for which there are updates. You can update them individually or all in one go by pressing the corresponding buttons.
At Apple you open the App Store, tap on "Updates", look for the Netflix symbol and tap on "Update". Finished!
Keep web browser up to date
If you're watching Netflix in your browser, do the following to update your browser:
- Google Chrome: An option “Update Google Chrome” is visible in the three-point menu if the latest version is not installed. Under "Help" and then "About Google Chrome" you can also make sure that the browser is up to date
- Firefox: Open the burger menu, click on the help / question mark symbol and then on "About Firefox". If an update is available, the download will now start. Firefox will install the update automatically the next time you start it.
- Safari: The update takes place via the App Store as described above for the Netflix app.
- Internet Explorer / Edge: These should normally be updated with the regular Windows updates. You can manually initiate such an update in the control panel under "Update and Security" or search for available updates.
Check 3: is it a cookie problem?
A nuisance with Netflix: Logging in does not work. When this happens, cookies are often the cause. Cookies are small text files that your browser saves on behalf of websites you visit. They contain information about your user account. In this way, websites like Facebook, Amazon or Netflix recognize you and you don't have to log in again.
This is practical, but also a potential source of error. If the Netflix website is acting strange and you're having trouble signing in, it is worth trying to clear your cookies. All you have to do is visit netflix.com/clearcookies.
5 typical Netflix problems and their solutions
Netflix not only has a large selection of videos, but also error messages. These are named with sequences of digits and letters of various lengths. Fortunately, most of these errors are rare. Here are 5 of the most common Netflix errors and their solutions.
Connection problems: Error code NW-3-6
Netflix won't start? The Netflix error code NW-3-6 appears instead of your selected video? Then you probably have a problem with the network configuration.
In this case, it makes sense to first restart the browser or the app and make sure that the software is up to date. Restarting the relevant devices also solves many problems. These steps are particularly recommended if you have not changed anything in your configuration and it otherwise works without any problems.
If that doesn't help, the detailed Netflix help offers solutions for the NW-3-6 error on various end devices, from Blu-Ray players to PlayStation to smart TVs.
Network connection problems: Error code NW-2-5
Netflix won't load and you're getting error NW-2-5? This also has to do with the network configuration. The same applies to the procedure as above: restart the software and update it if necessary, maybe restart the device. If that doesn't help, you can find the help page with solutions for error NW-2-5 here.
If you are looking for the best router to avoid connection problems as much as possible, you will find a lot of valuable information in our router test.
Unexpected error: Error code H7361-1253-80070006
This error mostly occurs due to certain browser settings or outdated browsers. This mainly affects users of Microsoft Internet Explorer. The following message appears: “Oops, something went wrong. An unexpected error occurred. Please reload the page and try again. "
Refreshing and restarting the browser should solve the problem. For Internet Explorer, Netflix offers instructions on how to add Netflix as a trusted site so that the error no longer occurs.
Bandwidth: Netflix hangs, video doesn't start or keeps freezing
Video streaming can only work with a stable internet connection and sufficient bandwidth. Since stability and bandwidth depend on many factors and are subject to fluctuations, this is often the cause if you run into Netflix playback problems.
With a speed test you can check whether your current transmission speed is sufficient for streaming. But how much is actually necessary? Netflix recommends the following values:
- Absolute minimum: 0.5 megabits per second
- Recommended minimum: 1.5 megabits per second
- Recommended for standard definition (SD): 3.0 megabits per second
- Recommended for high resolution (HD): 5.0 megabits per second
- Recommended for ultra high resolution (UHD): 25 megabits per second
Usually, Netflix will automatically select the best quality that your transfer rate allows. But in your account settings you can specifically set a maximum for the data transferred per hour. This is intended for mobile users with limited data quotas.
If you always want to receive videos in the maximum possible quality, either “High” or “Automatic” must be set for the data consumption per device. "High" is only available with a standard or premium subscription. In general, “Automatic” is the most sensible setting. You can find these options under "Account" and then "Playback Settings".
Occasionally, there is also the problem that there is no sound to the video on Netflix. In this case, most of the time either the video on Netflix is faulty or something is wrong with your audio hardware. You can check the latter simply by playing other content.
If only the Netflix video is affected by the problem, you can report it as faulty. Here are the best practices for all major platforms: I am watching video with no sound.
VPN, proxy or unblocker: error code O7037-1111, O7111-5059 and others
For legal reasons, Netflix makes a different selection of videos available in different countries. For users outside the USA, this means above all: a smaller selection. The Netflix video library is the largest and most attractive for access from the USA. The principle is called geoblocking: Depending on your location, you are excluded from accessing certain content.
Some therefore use a VPN to simulate a location in the USA for the platform and thus open up a greater choice. What exactly is a VPN? You can find the answer and many tips in our VPN provider test 2021.
Netflix tries to stop streaming over VPN by blocking access to IP addresses known to belong to a VPN network.
This problem also affects users who simply access the network via a VPN for reasons of data security and privacy. When trying to start a video, an error message appears and the platform refuses to provide service.
The simplest solution to the problem is to choose a VPN provider that can stay ahead of the competition against Netflix's bans. So far, ExpressVPN has usually proven to be the most reliable provider. You can find more alternatives in our article “The 5 best VPNs for Netflix in 2021”.
Conclusion: Netflix problems and solutions
Netflix is rightly one of the most popular video platforms on the internet. With such a size and range, you can of course expect breakdowns and problems here and there.
But compared to the many hours Netflix streams without interruption every day, serious problems are relatively rare. If you do happen, there are many ways to get help: be it through Google or directly from the Netflix Help Center.
If the detailed bug fixes do not solve a problem, you can also call the support there at 0800-724-0697 or simply start the live chat.
What is your "favorite" Netflix disorder that you keep dealing with? And what are your creative approaches to solving this? Let me know, I look forward to your comments.
- Where do couples travel most?
- How does sun protection help with the tan?
- What's so great about Fawlty Towers
- What date was Harry Potter dead
- Signed Manchester United Depay
- Why is life so difficult and complicated
- What are products that Apple copied
- How many Pakistanis are against India
- What is Brahmin Shudra Kshatriya Vaisha
- Is Spain a democracy or a dictatorship
- Why do people blame Modi for unrest?
- Why do people choose UBC over SFU
- What is your life like as a CA?
- What is an original design maker
- How's a nervous INTJ
- What is the similar word for hour
- Why are there no mosquitos in London?
- What does system architecture mean
- Have women ever tried on men's underwear
- Is Ethiopia an African country
- Runs out of human imagination
- Why exactly is land not buildable?
- College interns are paid
- How many Americans believe that Muslims support terrorism
- Do western atheists understand Hinduism
- Does marriage help most men grow up?
- How can you impress your man
- What does software tester do in his job?
- Where is a good ring size chart
- Why do I not feel stress
- How do people become narcissistic
- What is a meeting in Ireland
- How does flamingo taste