Is Nigeria for Israel or for Palestine
The unresolved Israeli-Palestinian conflict is one of the main obstacles to peace and long-term development in the Middle East, especially in the Palestinian Territories.
The West Bank and Gaza Strip are factually and politically separated from each other. Import and export restrictions as well as the geopolitical fragmentation of the Palestinian Territories impede the movement of people and goods and thus make economic development more difficult. Domestic political uncertainties and the limited right of self-government of the Palestinian Territories make it difficult to build state institutions. The so far unexplained status of the Palestinian refugees is also a major obstacle to peace across the region.
The Palestinian economy does not offer sufficient employment opportunities. Unemployment is therefore very high, especially among young people, women and people with disabilities. Young people in particular are becoming increasingly open to radicalization due to unemployment and lack of prospects - coupled with the psychosocial consequences of the conflict. To counteract this, they need to get better job prospects.
On behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ is working on three thematic priorities:
- Sustainable economic development, vocational training and the labor market
- Governance, Democracy and Civil Society
- Peacebuilding and Resilience
In the area of sustainable economic development, GIZ focuses on three main areas: On the one hand, it promotes the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises. At the same time, GIZ would like to improve vocational and university education in cooperation with the private sector. In addition, supply and demand on the labor market should better meet each other. GIZ also supports the Palestinian side in implementing the FinTech strategy and improving companies' access to innovative financial services. In this way, GIZ is helping to improve the economic situation of the Palestinian population and creating employment opportunities, especially for young people.
In the area of governance, GIZ supports the Palestinian self-government in building state institutions and promoting a democratic culture. GIZ is also working with civil society to strengthen the political participation of the population. Together with local authorities, GIZ promotes local government reforms, eGovernance, inclusion, the advancement of women and police work.
In the area of peacebuilding and resilience, GIZ is committed to providing psychosocial support and participation for Palestinian refugees as well as social cohesion and the prevention of violence. In addition, GIZ is helping to improve basic services - such as access to health, drinking water and sanitation - for Palestinian refugees and vulnerable population groups in the Gaza Strip.
- Why suddenly everyone supports Johnny Depp
- What is dim sum
- What is the best cigar cutter
- What are the failures of the EU
- How do you overcome failure
- What is a salary for radiologist in India
- How to give a pearl necklace
- How many female diaper lovers are there
- How can a student apply for Canada
- What is Brahmin Shudra Kshatriya Vaisha
- Are nation states necessary
- Is National Socialism a form of communism
- What are organic pearls
- What does system architecture mean
- What are Ajinomoto Ingredients
- How healthy are eggs
- What do diabetes socks do
- Is lifebuoy really dog soap
- Where do generic drug names come from
- Why do diamonds cost so much
- Adolescent men are neither boys nor men
- How to calculate the density of concrete
- How often do people harm themselves
- Canadian doctors need USMLE