Why does life feel so pathetic sometimes
Aurelia describes her illness as an "invisible cancer". For eight years she has been fighting for permission to use euthanasia.
Only a few cases of suicide are reported in the media, for good reason: to avoid further suicides. Aurelia doesn't want to incite anyone to commit suicide with her story. She wants those who want to end their life due to incurable pain, to be able to do so independently, accompanied by a doctor. Not alone, after an overdose. Not by jumping in front of a train or from a tall building. But at home, in your own bed, surrounded by friends. With dignity.
The Dutch Levenseindekliniek (End of Life Clinic) sends out mobile teams to carry out outpatient euthanasia. But it is not easy for the mentally ill to get this approved. Aurelia also applied for permission to die there. The first time in 2012, but was turned down because she had not tried all of the treatment options. At the beginning of 2017 she was one of 503 applicants. She talked to doctors and psychologists, filled out forms and shared her medical history. And she made this process public.
What is the difference between a terminally ill patient who can no longer endure the pain of his physical illness and a terminally ill patient who can no longer endure the pain of his mental illness? This is Aurelia's mission, she blogs, posts, tweets. She wants to tell her story, raise awareness and hope to create greater understanding of euthanasia for mental illnesses.
- What tribe lives without clothes
- Do you think love makes life beautiful?
- How painful is work
- Is Serbia a good place for women
- Is geography a science
- Which is better an MBA or LLM
- Whose public person has changed most suddenly
- Are Judge Judy participants paid
- What is it like to lead a successful life
- What is couture
- What is your unforgettable bus travel experience
- How is Canada for immigrant children
- Why does my mother love George Clooney
- Donald Trump is a WWE wrestler
- Borderline Personality Disorders and PTSD are comorbid
- Is 10 million the new 1 million
- What is tourism and travel
- What is the best skin tightening treatment
- Why did Britain and France join World War II
- How can corpses still move?
- Is there freedom in this world
- How can I withdraw funds from Fiverr
- How can I remove poverty from the world
- What are molecular ions