Guards have sex with inmates
The prison is a microcosm, sealed off from the outside world, from the everyday life of others. Eight prisoners tell of their lives and life behind bars: insights into the machinery of an unknown system, into hierarchies and violence, sex and drugs, control and fear - and into the interior of eight people who were changed by captivity.
Trapped in a faint
"Welcome to the JVA" - what the prison shock of the first days and weeks means for prisoners.
Read here Episode 1 of the series.
The secret power
The prison is a system with its own rules. There are gangs that dominate this world. And prisoners who seek protection and fight for reputation.
Read here Episode 2 of the series.
Love under general suspicion
The inmates sit in jail - but friends and family are locked up too. Because the institutions are suspicious and inmates and their relatives are checked in the most intimate way.
Read here Episode 3 of the series.
Prisons are shielded from the outside world with barbed wire, high walls and guards. But there are drugs and dealers, smuggling and trafficking in the forbidden just like outside.
Read here Episode 4 of the series.
The murderer is always the victim
Assault and violence are part of everyday life in prisons. The right of the strongest applies - and some are right at the bottom of the hierarchy from the start.
Read here Episode 5 of the series.
The imprisoned patient
Prisoners are sick more often than other people. Medical care has to be just as good as it is outside - actually. In reality it often looks different.
Read here Episode 6 of the series.
There are drugs in all prisons, about a third of the prisoners are addicted. Asylum seekers have a duty to treat them appropriately - but drug addicts often suffer behind bars.
Read here Episode 7 of the series.
Life sentence in the death house
It is not a punishment, it is the last resort: in preventive detention, offenders who are too dangerous to live outside are locked away. They do not know whether they will ever be released.
Read here Episode 8 of the series.
The research on the project "Eight Prisoners" is a cooperation of Süddeutscher Zeitung, Bavarian radio and Corrective.
|Research||Eva Achinger, Alexander Krützfeldt|
|editorial staff||Sabrina Ebitsch|
|Photo / illustration||Jessy Asmus|
|Data / graphics||Katharina Brunner, Pia Dangelmayer, Dalila Keller, Benedict Witzenberger|
|Design / video||Manuel Kostrzynski, Livio Stöckli|
- How can I get super healthy
- Is Japan a conformist nation?
- Am I thinking 1
- Why don't liberals accept female conservatives?
- Will Hinduism be extinct in Kerala
- Where can you find shipping containers
- Did Christianity give birth to Hinduism
- Are diamonds a scam
- How is the fee structure of RVCE
- Google Sheets has an API
- Is Ethiopia an African country
- How did the industrial revolution promote imperialism?
- Why is Brighton such a popular place
- Prayanam cures Vitiligo
- How do auto mechanics make money
- Canada is an egalitarian society
- Who is the greatest English monarch of all time
- Might defeat MCU Heimdall Loki
- Are cover letters applications
- What are LSI Keyword Phrases
- What tools do HVAC technicians need
- Should physical appearance play a role in love
- What are Bioflex nose rings
- What are the benefits of silence