Why should children bathe
Children don't have to bathe every day
The Association of American Dermatologists (American Academy of Dermatology) gives tips in a current press release on how often children should be bathed and their hair should be shampooed. This means that children do not have to take a bath every day.
Professor Dr. Robert Sidbury of the School of Medicine at the University of Washington in St. Louis told parents in an AAD (American Academy of Dermatology) publication that bathing once or several times a week is usually sufficient for children. "Depending on their age and activity level, most children only need a bath a few times a week," Sidbury said in a press release from the association. "A few germs here and there are healthy for children, because this is how their bodies learn to fight bacteria and build a strong immune system."
Sidbury gives the following tips:
- If a child is between 6 and 11 years old, two or three baths a week will do. The hair should be washed once or twice a week. Children of all ages with dry or frizzy hair only need to clean it with water and shampoo once every seven to 10 days.
- Of course, special circumstances require more frequent bathing: children should take a bath or shower and wash their hair if they get dirty after being in the sea or in a lake. When visiting a swimming pool, you should take a shower before and after. Even if they are sweaty or develop body odor, thorough washing is advisable.
- When children hit puberty, they should start showering every day. The hair now also needs a shampoo every day or every other day.
"While these recommendations will work for most children, there are also individual differences," admits Sidbury. Children with skin diseases such as eczema in particular should follow the instructions of their specialist when cleaning and caring for their sensitive skin.
Source: medicalXpress / HealthDay, American Academy of Dermatology
- Is information technology a good field 1
- What does internet surfing mean
- What are some EMCEE language samples
- Should men wear skirts
- Is Azerbaijan a Muslim country
- How effective is Brahmos against aircraft carriers
- Will Allah answer my duas
- How long did the Soviet Union last
- Why do people do good deeds
- How is life in Assam
- Why are there no cheap diamond equivalents?
- How has your life changed after you got married?
- Is the old law racist
- What is culture in geography
- Why is your ego getting hurt
- What causes companies to merge?
- What's wrong with being asexual
- Modeling is a difficult job
- Is the Canon 800d the best DSLR for beginners
- Why are we obsessed with famous people
- Could I be a sociopath 1
- What is the belief of social darwinism
- How important are the United States slogans
- Can EKG electrodes be used for the EEG?