Why is it important to wear protective gloves
1 protective gloves: when and why?
2 Selection of suitable protective gloves
3 Correct handling of protective gloves
4 More information
1Protective gloves: when and why?
Protective gloves are particularly important in many professions. They are always to be worn
- when handling rough materials
- when handling sharp-edged, pointed objects
- for activities with hazardous substances
If you do not wear protective gloves, sharp or pointed objects can penetrate the unprotected skin and cause painful inflammation. Hazardous substances can penetrate the body through the skin of unprotected hands and damage internal organs or damage the skin.
2Selection of suitable protective gloves
It is important: only wear protective gloves that are suitable for the respective activity.
Leather gloves are worn when you have to deal with rough or sharp-edged material. Leather gloves, on the other hand, are completely useless for working with liquids because the leather is soaked up and the liquid comes into contact with the skin.
Rubber or plastic gloves must be worn if you are dealing with liquids and / or liquid chemical hazardous substances such as B. solvents, acids, alkalis or with dangerous biological substances.
However, there are also different types of protective gloves for rubber and plastic protective gloves - depending on the intended use.
There are also disposable gloves made of rubber or plastic.
The company must be responsible for the particular activity suitable protective gloves provide.
If there are no clear guidelines, it is advisable to ask the supervisor or the specialist for occupational safety in the company which glove is suitable for the respective activity.
There is no doubt that protective gloves provide optimal protection, but they can also be uncomfortable. They affect the sense of touch and you sweat in them. Sweating is particularly uncomfortable because it softens the skin and becomes sensitive or even sick. In many cases, wearing thin ones and changing them frequently helps Cotton gloveswho are put on under the actual protective gloves.
These liner gloves soak up hand sweat and thus prevent the hands from constantly "bathing" in their own sweat, with the result that the skin swells. The cotton gloves can be washed and used over and over again.
3Correct handling of protective gloves
Even the best gloves are of little use if they are not used and handled properly.
The following points should be observed when using protective gloves:
- Clean hands
Hands must be clean and dry before putting on.
- Turn gloves on
It must be ensured that no liquid can run into the sleeves. If the gloves are long enough, you can turn over the edge of the cuff.
- Clean gloves
After each use, external soiling by z. B. corrosive substances should be rinsed off thoroughly with clean water. This avoids contamination of the storage location and increases the durability of the gloves. Cotton liner gloves require frequent washing. Disposable gloves are disposed of immediately after use.
- Keep gloves
Protective gloves should be kept airy after use so that the sweat that has formed can evaporate. It is best to turn the inside of the glove outwards and hang it up to dry.
- Discard damaged gloves
The glove should be thrown away if there is the smallest crack or hole. Penetrated chemicals are particularly aggressive when they come into contact with the damp, sweaty skin inside the gloves. The protective effect is not only canceled, but the damaging effect is also increased.
Personal protective equipment - requirements, testing areas of application
Personal protective equipment - rights and obligations
- How do you live in Toronto
- Can science prove that homosexuality is genetic?
- What happens to unsold fine jewelry
- Like Canadians Canada Dry
- How powerful will Russia be in 2050?
- Will photography ever be unnecessary?
- What important events occurred in 1939
- Aging you fructose
- How do you vent your self-frustration
- Songwriting formats are different for different genres
- How much do waiters earn
- How to say dawn in Tagalog
- Work for a large company
- Why don't some people fall in love
- What do vegans eat for comfort food
- What makes Waitrose so chic
- What percentage of the Vietnamese are Nguy N.
- Is www freelancer com a trustworthy site
- What does a ship's captain do
- What is the race of the Turks?
- How do I get a sugar mom
- Who is Bollywood's Most Overrated Filmmaker
- Did you enjoy doing your master’s degree?
- What is PVC 1
- Why didn't Mace Windu like Anakin Skywalker
- Which river flows through the Rift Valley
- Obama uses new socks every day
- What motivates doctors to work hard
- Are hoop earrings trashy or classy
- Why did my silver tarnish
- Can a Muslim convert to a Catholic
- What caused fascism in Europe
- Why is fascism seen as the right wing
- Who can declare bitcoins