What attracts termites in the house
4 termite treatment options
Termite treatment becomes necessary as soon as any part of your home is affected by these pests. Termites can cause serious structural damage to your home by hollowing out the wood used in its construction. In the natural environment, termites act as scavengers, cleaning up dead wood.
Termite treatment becomes necessary as soon as part of your home is affected by these pests. Termites can cause serious structural damage to your home by hollowing out the wood used in its construction. In the natural environment, termites act as scavengers, cleaning up dead wood. In this way, they recycle the dead wood and leave a fertile soil full of humus. However, due to the unavailability of dead wood outdoors, termites are prone to attack wooden materials in our homes.
Statistics indicate that nearly $ 1.7 billion is spent annually on termite treatment in the US alone. Detecting termite infestations early would therefore save a lot of time and money, but unfortunately this is the hardest part of termite control and treatment. Termites only become visible when they have completely consumed the entire piece of wood from the inside. They can only be seen after they start scrapping the outside surface of the wood, which is usually quite late for preventative measures to be taken. However, some amazing signs will help you spot termite infestation:
- Powdered substance under wooden objects
- Wooden objects that sound hollow when tapped
- Protection pipes or mud pipes in a damp corner of your home
- White ant-like insects in and around your home
Try some of the following methods to get started treating termites:
Termites form tubes and feces to protect themselves from heat and dehydration. As soon as these protective tubes are destroyed, the termites also die.
Use termite bait
Termite bait is used to stop termites from growing on trees, wood, and furniture in and around your home. Termite baits are plastic tubes with a bait that attracts them. Once the termites attack the bait, it is safely discarded by burning and killing an entire colony of termites. These baits are usually placed on the corner of the house and garden to keep termites from entering the house.
Use termite traps
Similar to termite bait, termite traps also use cardboard-shaped bait, which is a magnet for termites. This bait is placed in a plastic container that restricts termites from moving outside the trap. Once they start colonizing the termite trap, it can then be safely disposed of in a number of ways. Termite traps are used extensively in Australia but are now available worldwide.
There are several ways to treat termite infestations naturally. Orange oil, citrus fruits, and boric acid are effective termite repellants. Inject orange oil or citrus fruit extract into infested wood to remove the termite infestation. Splashing boric acid directly on wood does it too.
Videos Related Articles: The Secret World of Termites.
- There are always MoneyGram centers in Walmart
- Both sides understand Korean and Chinese
- Is the German driver's license an international driver's license
- How can I naturally increase creativity
- What's the best in medical school
- Are electrovalent compounds polar
- Should punishment be part of education
- How do I make carrot juice 1
- Where does the chaos begin?
- Why is suicide illegal 2
- How many districts are there in the Kashmir region
- How big is the current Chinese population
- How are pearls harvested
- Which companies are the biggest US exporters
- Why is shipping to Australia so expensive
- Who employs intelligent transportation engineers
- Is action more important than beauty
- What is galvanized steel used for?
- What is precious diamond or platinum
- Are you the observer
- How can I marry a Manglik girl
- How do psychiatrists diagnose someone with BPD
- Is GFR 60 normal
- What use is it to be silent?