Why do lawyers work so many hours
Legal working hours: the magical 59-hour mark
Lawyers work on average significantly longer than the average full-time German employee. But above a certain limit, this is no longer worthwhile, a current study shows.
By comparison, lawyers work more than other professionals. This is the result of a recent study by the Soldan Institute. His study "Legal Practice of the Present" shows that lawyers work an average of 51.1 hours per week. This means that their weekly working hours are around ten hours longer than the average full-time employee in Germany.
1,593 lawyers took part in the investigation. The surveys revealed that one in three people works 50 to 60 hours a week, and almost one in five even more. Many don't even take a break on the weekend. Around 30 percent only put files aside on one day a week.
At least the high weekly workload pays off; as a rule, personal fee sales also increase with it. "However, the turnover per working hour does not continuously increase linearly," says institute director Prof. Dr. Matthias Kilian firmly. In terms of turnover, the most effective lawyers are those who work between 50 and 59 hours a week. According to Kilian, they achieved a turnover of 96 euros per hour worked. In contrast, even greater time commitment is only economically rewarded to a limited extent, because according to the results of the study, the turnover per working hour decreases noticeably from the 59-hour mark.
nas / LTO editorial team
Legal working hours: the magical 59-hour mark. In: Legal Tribune Online, 02.01.2017, https://www.lto.de/persistent/a_id/21640/ (accessed on: May 20, 2021)Information on the suggested citation
- Which trend is best in the MBA
- What makes a good orgy
- Will the remaining ones postpone Brexit indefinitely?
- 401K is a good investment
- Did the Brexit happen?
- Is d2h possible in Nepal
- Infosys has enough projects in Pega
- What does carnival mean for a Brazilian
- Who is Satan's equivalent in Hinduism
- Thailand has 4G internet
- What are good ways to stop lying?
- The merchant navy is oversaturated
- How can the cloud help companies
- Russia has good relations with Ukraine
- Are social networks harmful to society?
- What blockchain does Bitcoin use
- How old do you think you look
- Which is better architecture or IIT
- How are EMI and deposit calculated
- What courses offer scholarships
- How do narcissistic people ask for help
- How do Americans perceive the Lebanese
- Which country is not free
- Where do most of the Buddhists live in Kerala