How can I stay in Canada illegally
Articles from the "Current" section | VisumAntrag.de | 07/10/2017 | ± 2 minutes reading time
Problems have persisted since the Canadian eTA (meaning) was introduced on September 29, 2016. During the holiday season, the travel plans of an unknown number of people wanting to travel to Canada fell into the water because they were not allowed to fly from Amsterdam to Canada. The problems are often caused by dual nationalities or a permanent resident card for Canada.
Attention: New requirements eTA
The problems related to the eTA are often caused by dual nationalities or a permanent resident card for Canada. According to official regulations - posted on the Government of Canada website - if you are permanent resident in Canada, you only need a valid passport to enter the country. According to the Canadian government, an eTA is then not necessary. At the airport, however, the airline systems may refuse you boarding because a valid eTA is allegedly required. Without a valid eTA, travelers to Canada may be denied travel by airlines.
It is not possible to travel to Canada on a non-Canadian passport (including a stopover for transit) if you are a Dual Canadian Citizen. You will need a Canadian passport for your trip. So make sure you bring both passports with you when traveling to Canada or planning to return.
What is an eTA?
With an eTA, Germans or Austrians can fly to Canada without a visa. This system was developed by the Canadian authorities to find out exactly who would like to travel to Canada. In addition, the system tries to determine which travelers pose a security risk or who may want to stay illegally in Canada.
Who has to apply for an eTA?
Basically, all non-Canadians traveling to Canada by plane do not require a visa, but an eTA. However, you do not need an eTA if you plan to enter Canada by land or sea. In addition, Canadian nationals, Canadian permanent residents, Americans, and Canadian visa travelers do not need to apply for an eTA as they are exempt from these requirements.
Apply for an eTA
An eTA must be applied for prior to your trip. It takes about five minutes to fill out the eTA application form. After submitting the application, the eTA is usually issued within 15 minutes. Once approved, the eTA is automatically linked to the passport and shared with the airline and Canadian immigration authorities.
Apply for eTA Canada
Please note: This article from our "News" section about the eTA for Canada is older than a year. It may contain outdated information and advice and we can no longer guarantee the content of this article. Are you going to travel soon and would you like to know which rules currently apply? Then read all the latest information on the Canada eTA.
- How can I become a certified coach
- What causes labor strikes
- Can someone become addicted to food
- How does the Y Combinators alumni network work?
- Is metal stronger than stone
- Sweet potatoes can be eaten raw
- How does JioCoin
- What is the perfect age to be
- How did DreamWorks Animation get started
- How did the British Empire start?
- How do marine engineers deal with seasickness
- What is the final phase of rethinking
- Who does Google use for background checks
- What is the synonym for circumstances
- How does acidic water dissolve stones?
- What are immigrants
- How flexible are your working hours
- What's your favorite vegan burger
- Is attracted to tin by a magnet
- America will always be a rich country
- Where can I buy this necklace 1
- Which pizza chain has the best sauce
- What are some interesting college engineering projects
- Why don't more people prefer better transportation