What are films about private equity
RankingThese are the largest private equity firms
Low interest rates, a trade war and fluctuating share prices did not hurt private equity firms much in 2019 either. On the contrary: Last year the industry raised around 894 billion US dollars in capital, according to the “Global Private Equity Report 2020” by the management consultancy Bain Company. That is the second highest value after 2017.
In order to use the collected capital profitably, tech companies and start-ups in particular came into the focus of financial investors last year. According to the magazine "Private Equity International" (PEI), many private equity firms are also relying more on the broadest possible range of companies in which they invest. But German companies also aroused the industry's interest in 2019. In addition to media companies such as Axel Springer, divisions of Bosch and Thyssenkrupp have recently been targeted.
What is going on with private equity and what will happen in the industry? That is what this week's “Superreturn” is all about. The conference in Berlin is considered to be the annual meeting for financial investors and corporate hunters worldwide. This year around 3000 participants are expected. Again and again, the conference is also a test of strength for the fundraising of private equity firms, based on the motto: Who collects the most money for later investments?
The PEI300 ranking keeps an eye on the activities of the industry and determines every year who has raised the most capital in the past five years. There are also some surprises.
These are the largest private equity firms:
# 7 Christian Sinding from EQT
Christian Sinding (photo) has been at the helm of EQT for almost a year. Before that, he worked for the Swedish private equity firm for 21 years and was involved in the takeover of the Norwegian garden center chain Plantasjen and the Finnish bakery Vaasan & Vaasan. In Germany, EQT recently relied on companies in network expansion: In 2018, the financial investor took over the fiber-optic network operator Inexio. In 2020, together with Omers from Canada, the takeover of the cable network operator Deutsche Glasfaser followed. The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter. Overall, EQT has collected around 30.1 billion US dollars in the past five years and thus lands in seventh place in the ranking.
# 6 Stephen Pagliuca of Bain Capital
While Bain Capital was in twelfth place in 2018, the Boston-based private equity firm made it to sixth place in the ranking in 2019 with a total of around 35.6 billion US dollars in raised capital. According to its own information, the company has been involved in around 940 investments since it was founded in 1984. In 2019, the acquisition of a majority stake in the British market research company Kantar was added. Stephen Pagliuca (photo), co-chairman since 2016, has been with Bain Capital for around 20 years and has been involved in many technology and media investments.
# 5 Timothy Geithner of Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus is the only private equity company in this ranking with an ex-finance minister at the top. Before serving as President of Warburg Pincus, Timothy Geithner (photo) was a member of President Barack Obama's administration. His move to what was then a rather smaller player in the industry in 2013 was considered a surprise. Since then, Warburg Pincus has worked its way forward - and already made it into the top three in the 2017 PEi300 ranking. With generated capital of 36.6 billion US dollars, the financial investor is back in fifth place after sixth place in the previous year.
Alexander Dibelius from CVC with his wife Laila Maria Witt
At $ 47.4 billion, CVC barely missed making it into the top three of the largest private equity firms. In Germany, the private equity house of Germany boss Alexander Dibelius is best known for its stake in the perfumery chain Douglas. In the summer of 2019, CVC also took over the packaging technology division from Bosch.
- Who can Superman possibly have sex with?
- What's your favorite vacation movie
- What are the heavenly realms
- What are interesting facts about Lithuania
- What motivates doctors to work hard
- Was it a mistake to end the Vietnam War?
- What if we drained the Mediterranean?
- Is 54 really short for a girl
- What was Napoleon like as a person?
- How do non-profit organizations generate income
- Heal oral scars from braces
- Which question is being asked too much
- Why is the press against Modi's government
- What do people know in adulthood
- How did the UK join the EU
- What breed is Czech
- Where do you look for personal growth
- What do you know about thinking for yourself
- Which countries have patriarchy
- Square is owned by Apple
- Should America turn into a dictatorship
- How can I recover my stolen Bitcoin?
- How corrupt is Sharad Pawar
- How do you finance an MBA abroad?
- Other countries routinely remove wisdom teeth
- Which company is better for career growth
- What is american freedom
- Why did Ireland join the European Union
- What is the economical order quantity
- Where can I find the API for airline tickets
- What Are Some Good Steampunk Military Books
- Can spirituality and religion coexist
- Why is Canada not a nuclear power