What if you snort Xanax
Published on October 10, 2018
Snorting Xanax can damage the nasal cavity, throat, and lungs, and make it difficult for someone to breathe, smell, or swallow properly. Xanax insufflation also increases the risk of addiction and overdose.
Xanax is the brand name of alprazolam, an anti-anxiety drug that is available in pill form and is intended to be swallowed. Generic alprazolam is also available as a liquid concentrate or tablet that dissolves under the tongue., No form of alprazolam is intended to be snorted, but some people crush and snort Xanax pills in hopes of faster, more intense effects.
Snort powder of any kind is dangerous. The nasal tissue and tiny blood vessels in the nose are delicate and susceptible to harsh substances. Xanax and its inactive ingredients (fillers) can damage the nasal cavity.
The dangers of snoring from Xanax (insufflation) include:
- Nasal Tissue Damage: Taking Xanax by snoring (insufflation) irritates and inflames the nasal tissues., This can cause nosebleeds and a chronic runny nose.
- Holes in the nasal cavity: Xanax can attach to tissue to the extent that the wall between the nostrils (septum) or wear a hole in the roof of the mouth (roof of the mouth) is destroyed. This makes it harder to breathe, smell, and swallow normally.
- Throat Irritation: Once Xanax is ingested through the nose, it doesn't stop. The drug may drip into the throat and vocal cords. Irritation of the throat can cause pain and a scratchy voice.,
- Airways pollutants: Xanax can destroy mucous membranes and hair (cilia) that prevent harmful substances from entering the airways.
- Lung Damage: If foreign objects like Xanax or debris get into your lungs as a result of a damaged airway, they can cause irritation. This can lead to chronic coughing and difficulty breathing, especially in people with asthma.
- Disease: Xanax's snorting may involve paraphernalia such as rolled paper, hollow pens, or straws., When someone shares these objects, they share body fluids that can contain diseases such as HIV or hepatitis C.
Get treatment, though
and how you need it.
Why do Xanax snort?
The goal of crushing and snoring Xanax is to get it into the bloodstream faster, where it can take effect immediately. When drugs are snorted, blood vessels in the nose absorb them directly., When consumed orally, Xanax passes through the liver before it is distributed in the blood, which may take a little longer.
Xanax (alprazolam) targets gamma-aminobutyric acid receptors (GABA) in the brain to help regulate brain activity. It keeps the brain calm, which causes the central nervous system to slow down so the body can relax. Xanax is helpful in treating anxiety and panic disorders, but is not intended to be used for symptoms of everyday stress.
Regardless, many people use Xanax as a form of self-medication, whether they have severe anxiety or not., Others take more than prescribed to increase its effectiveness, which may require multiple doctors to visit for additional prescriptions receive. Xanax can induce a feeling of euphoria in high doses, which is another reason why it is abused.
Does Snorting Xanax Make It More Effective?
With some drugs, snoring has a stronger and faster effect. Xanax is not one of those drugs. It is fat soluble and therefore does not dissolve well in water, making it difficult for the nasal membranes to absorb.,
Some snorted Xanax, which drips down the throat, can reach the stomach, where it is processed as if it were taken by mouth. However, it is likely that someone would have to take a much higher dose up their nose to get the same effect as taking it orally.
Can You Snort Xanax XR?
It is possible to snort Xanax XR (Extended Release), but it can be very dangerous. The drug label warns against crushing, chewing, or breaking the pills. Extended-release formulas are created to gradually penetrate the body., By crushing and sniffing Xanax XR, it enters the body all at once, increasing the chance of an overdose.
Xanax XR tablets were made to prevent abuse and provide advanced anxiety relief. Since they are supposed to last longer, the dose may be higher. The largest standard Xanax pill is 2 mg while the largest Xanax XR pill is 3 mg. Taking high doses also increases the risk of overdose.
The Dangers Of Snoring From Xanax (Insufflation)
The likelihood of overdose is a significant risk of snoring from Xanax., If someone misuses the drug by taking more than recommended, it can build up in their system. The body stores excess benzodiazepines like Xanax in adipose tissue so that they can be used as needed. Overlapping doses prevent Xanax from breaking down and building up.
It's hard to tell how Xanax will affect someone when taken nasally. While much research has been done on the effects of Xanax when taken as prescribed, results are less predictable when the drug is snorted., It is possible that the same dose of Xanax that is safe for a person orally when taking the same dose Snoring can provoke an adverse reaction.
Many people who abuse Xanax also abuse other substances. Poly-substance abuse increases the risk of overdose and side effects between drugs. Some drugs cause Xanax to take longer to break down in the body. Others (opioids, alcohol, and benzodiazepines) when combined with Xanax can cause overdose death by severely depressing the central nervous system.
Someone who abuses a drug like Xanax is more likely to develop a physical dependence on it., The more you take it, the more your body depends on it to function properly. Once physical addiction develops, a person can continue to take Xanax to avoid uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms.
Physical addiction often drives addiction, a mental illness that makes the brain crave Xanax as much as the body does.
Sign Someone Is Snorting Xanax
When someone snorts Xanax, you can act in a way that will point you to Xanax abuse and addiction. This may include an inability to reduce their use of Xanax despite adverse effects on their life and health. Signs that someone is snorting Xanax and may be struggling with addiction include:
- Powder on their belongings
- Straws, empty pens, rolled papers
- frequent runny nose or nosebleeds
- multiple prescriptions from different doctors
- Xanax pills in sachets or unlabelled containers
- Loss of interest in social activities
- financial difficulties
- stressed relationships
Treatment options for snorting Xanax
If someone abuses Xanax by snorting (insufflation) they are at risk of developing addiction and dependence., Many people need the help of a doctor to stop taking Xanax, especially if they are abusing it.
A person's doctor may devise a tapering plan that gradually reduces the Xanax dosage until they can safely stop taking the drug. People with Xanax addiction may need a medically supervised detox program to aid the withdrawal process. These programs monitor people during withdrawal and keep them stabilized to avoid complications.
Once a person has been successfully weaned from Xanax, an inpatient addiction treatment program can work with them to prevent relapse. Addiction treatment can include emotional regulation, coping skills, and various expression and behavioral therapies. The best programs focus on changing the way a person thinks and acts so that they can regain control of their life.
- What is the disadvantage of civic responsibility
- Do you enjoy working at Starbucks?
- Can European whites become K-pop stars?
- Is Chidambaram a good finance minister
- Has Kerala PSC approved Bharathiar University
- What are the benefits of distributed computing
- How do I start a piece of clothing
- How do I overcome social anxiety
- Why does it feel so good to hit someone
- How do I raise a healthy child?
- Are Subway sandwiches really healthy as advertised
- Why is Brexit seen as bad
- What are some interesting facts about UCLA
- Why is China a country
- What does creatine do in the gym
- Can I become a professional football player?
- What are the biggest mistakes in marriage
- What nations are the free world
- Why are people so intentionally ignorant
- What are some formal wear fashions
- Where to buy sandalwood in Bangalore
- What are some common teenage hand signals
- Who is the Most Conservative Republican Today?
- What do the Turks think of Mongols
- Fashion designers make their own clothes
- What is a typical meal in Sri Lanka
- Met Porus Chanakya
- What makes you strong
- Think building needs software
- How are women oppressed in the West?
- Understand pets foreign languages
- Who buys diamonds in Southeast Connecticut
- How great is The Weeknd
- Is the filling of wisdom teeth possible?