What is the importance of cleaning agents
Everyone has them at home and everyone uses them: detergents. Actually, they help to make your own home clean and shine again. However, they do not help at all, but promote your own health. In other words, most of the cleaning products you have at home are seriously damaging to your health if not used properly. In order to know which cleaning agents are dangerous, certain hazard symbols are displayed on the household cleaners. But what do the individual symbols mean and what consequences can incorrect use have? These questions should be clarified here. If you also want to know what cleaning agents are used for, click here.
The 9 hazard symbols and their meaning
Allergies, skin irritation and poisoning from detergents
In most cleaning products are Fragrances which, due to their good smell, induce the feeling of cleanliness, but can also lead to allergies. Also a few Preservatives can trigger allergies, which is why they are sometimes classified as hazardous substances. Examples are the preservative mixtures Mathylisothiazolinone, Octylisothiazolinone, Methylchlorisothiazolinone and Benzisothiazolinone.
In many bathroom and disinfectant cleaners chlorine contain. You should always use these with particular care and be even more careful that cleaning agents with chlorine content are not used together with vinegar cleaners. This is because so-called chlorine gas is formed, which is highly toxic.
The general rule is: Never mix different cleaning agents together, as this can produce toxic gases. Always make sure that the dosage is low, as the use of cleaning agents releases toxic substances. To avoid skin irritation, you should always wear gloves when cleaning and still wash your hands and apply lotion afterwards. If your skin comes into contact with the wrong substances, this can lead to dry and cracked areas on the body or even lead to serious chronic allergic skin diseases. Inhaling the smell of cleaning agents is just as dangerous, as dangerous substances can settle on the mucous membranes and even on the lungs, which can cause breathing difficulties and even asthma. When choosing your cleaning agent, always pay attention to the back of the packaging and pay attention to the hazard symbols. This shows you which agents are corrosive, hazardous to health, irritating or highly flammable, for example.
Why pregnant women in particular need to be protected
During pregnancy, not only the mother-to-be, but also the baby growing up in the body is exacerbated. Harmful ingredients can penetrate the placenta to the unborn baby via the respiratory tract and contact with the skin. If you are pregnant, please wear protective gloves for cleaning - washing your hands afterwards is not enough! You should also avoid the use of sprays in particular, as the substances otherwise easily get into the airways. So check your current cleaning agents again and, if necessary, rely on gentler products or use natural household agents in the future. Even after the birth, you should make sure that harmful cleaning agents are kept out of the reach of your child. If your child or baby should get their hands on a cleaner and swallow something, please call the fire brigade or the poison control center of the respective federal state immediately. Are you wondering how you should combine family and work in the future? We have answers.
Our tips for the correct use of household cleaners
- Use chemical-free detergents without fragrances.
- Wear gloves when cleaning.
- Use as little as possible.
- Never mix different cleaners.
- Don't leave used cleaning rags in the room.
- Always ventilate during and after cleaning.
- Keep children, pregnant women and allergy sufferers out of freshly cleaned rooms.
Do you no longer want to expose yourself directly to toxic substances or are you simply not a fan of cleaning yourself at all? Then book your personal cleaner directly with us and let us do the work for you.
- What are some ASL signs like
- Why are socks worn
- What is the future scope for electrical engineering
- Why is Canada's military power so weak
- How is dictatorship good
- What are the problems of internet addiction
- What are paranormal bullets
- What are the best goalkeeper gloves
- What are the factors that hinder democracy
- Are Australian universities good
- Why is entrepreneurship an art
- How much does a pediatric receptionist make
- Why are atoms formed 1
- What is consciousness according to Indian philosophy
- What is the most bulletproof material
- What is my life after marriage
- Should blackmail be legal
- When did free trade in Canada begin?
- Which countries do not normally use air conditioning
- How intelligent are Indian Punjabis
- What kind of democracy did Athens have
- How did Prince Philip meet Queen Elizabeth
- Concerns the white privilege of Asian Americans
- How often do you play sports?