What is the next generation of Windows
The 10 most important innovations of the next PC generation
The future of the personal computer is bright. Because computers are not only becoming faster, lighter, more energy-efficient and more convenient to use. We'll show you ten PC improvements you can expect in the years to come.
Extra thin Broadwell chip for 2-in-1 computers
Intel's next generation of chipsets, code-named Broadwell, could enable the previously missing balance between maximum performance and the mobility of a notebook for 2-in-1 PCs. The ultra-flat chip also allows a weight of less than 700 grams for 12.5-inch tablets, which will be thinner than the iPad Air.
Despite some delays, according to Intel, the first PCs with Broadwell processors will be on store shelves this winter.
AMD's promise of energy efficiency
Even if Intel claims pole position in terms of energy-efficient laptop-tablet hybrids, AMD wants to offer a similar solution: within the next six years, the processors should be around 25 times more efficient than now. The highlight: Part of the workload should be outsourced to the graphics processor. If AMD succeeds in reconciling its graphics top performers with everyday battery life, the manufacturer might finally be able to keep up in the field of 2-in-1 hybrids.
Intel's wireless PC advance
Wireless charging of a battery and transferring one screen content to another are not really new concepts. But they could become even more important in the future, because Intel has discovered them for itself.
- Advantage 2: Multiple screens
Tablets have exactly one screen. And in most cases it also reflects. Except for Windows 8 tablets, it is also not possible to connect an external monitor and distribute the tablet operating system and associated apps over several screens. Sometimes tablets can be used as external monitors on the PC - whatever the point.
The situation is completely different with a full-fledged PC. Here, the multitasking fireworks described above can be distributed over more than one screen. The user works with several open browser windows while dragging the results from the Excel table on the right screen into the Powerpoint presentation on the left screen. The photo for the presentation is already in the folder on the third screen and is waiting to be processed.
- Advantage 4: multimedia processing
Editing pictures, cutting videos and putting together audio tracks: Of course there is a touch version of iPhoto, iMovie and Garageband on the iPad or the Movie Studio on the Android side Real applications are needed to be able to step on the gas with multimedia content. We're talking about Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, and other professional content tools. Only these have functions and the precision tools that make the professional or serious amateur stand out from the smack of tablet fingers. Mouse operation and a large screen clearly paint a better picture here.
- Advantage 5: Working on mammoth calculators
Working with extensive Excel spreadsheets on the PC is no picnic. But should you really make life so difficult for yourself by entering data and formulas into the cells with your finger and digging through umpteen rows and rows of numbers with your own stylus? Only masochists answer this question with 'yes'.
The same applies to texts. Few of us are novelists. Nevertheless, it is likely that a longer text is pending every now and then. Woe to anyone who has to write this using the touch-sensitive software keyboard on the tablet. Even with the Bluetooth keyboard, entering longer passages is not easy. Glad if you have a full-blown PC keyboard in front of you in such a situation - with a numeric keypad and control arrows, of course.
- The real gaming experience
There is a reason why Angry Birds is considered the tablet game: The flat-panel computers cannot run games that go beyond the level of a Mario Brothers game from the 1990s in terms of graphics. For computationally intensive 3D graphics, demanding physics engines, hordes of players and all other design elements that only run smoothly with a desktop CPU and dedicated graphics cards, full-blown PCs are required.
After all: The tablet Generation with a revised Haswell chip should also bring better graphics performance for gamers. But whether that is enough to play Crysis 3 at the highest level can justifiably be doubted.
- Advantage 8: Statement against the throw-away mentality
- You wouldn't think it possible: But compared to tablets, PCs are true eco-beacons in our throwaway society. If a component breaks, it can be removed and replaced and the entire device does not have to be dumped in the garbage dump. The devices can also be upgraded. Parts that can no longer withstand the latest applications can be replaced by more powerful successors. Even laptops can be expanded, at least to a certain extent.
- There isn't much that can be done with tablets in this regard. Even if you pry open the cover and reveal the innards, it would take some hacking skills to actually replace a component. We don't even want to talk about an extension due to lack of space.
- Advantage 9: Lack of portability
- What is initially treated as a disadvantage turns - if you look more closely - into an advantage. The lack of mobility of desktop PCs - and that includes oversized notebooks compared to tablets. Have you ever heard someone forget their desktop PC in the taxi? So far, only a few PCs have been accidentally destroyed by carelessness or run over by a car.
- Tablets are not only stolen and left behind at the security checkpoint at the airport, their screen also breaks frequently, precisely because they are so easy , small and mobile.
- Advantage 10: just switch off
- The last point is also basically an advantage of the lack of mobility of PCs. The computer is not so easy to take with you, either on a walk, on a bike tour or on the beach. That is by no means a bad thing.
- It is true that the PC binds one to one's own workplace, be it in the office or at home. But you can simply leave the box there and indulge in the beautiful things in life undisturbed. Be it to be with friends undisturbed, or to just give in to your own thoughts. In other words, deviceless quality time.
- The largest newspaper reading country in the world
- When was your view of the world turned upside down?
- Is the Spiritual Research Foundation fake
- Quantum fields are energy
- What legitimacy do NGOs have
- China produces copper
- Should India reject secularism
- Why do many musicians grow long hair
- Peasant wearing cowboy hats
- How can I track my transfer
- How important is it to be yourself
- Why hybrid orbitals contain the same energy
- Why do i need a desktop computer
- How does the United States make money
- Are all Sikhs rich
- Has IIT produced any cricketers to this day
- Will South North Korea ever unite?
- Hindus respect Christianity
- Is CCS a hereditary disease
- How do I show an attitude towards people
- When did BTS make its debut