How do most people feel about Facebook?
Facebook in numbers: 53 interesting statistics
At Brandwatch, we love data. And we also love the numbers that data provide. That's why we created this list of Facebook statistics.
For some, they may just be interesting numbers that stimulate the mind and impress when sitting with friends over a cup of coffee.
For marketers, these statistics are helpful in developing strategies to reach the desired audience and in the most effective way possible.
Figures on the history of Facebook
Facebook was founded on February 4, 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg and his Harvard roommates.
Initially it was called Facemash, then Thefacebook.
Originally it was only accessible to Harvard students. In March 2004, Facebook was expanded to include Columbia, Stanford, and Yale Universities. It was gradually rolled out to most universities in the United States and Canada.
On September 26, 2006, Facebook was accessible to anyone who was at least 13 years old and had a valid email address.
Read this blog post on the history of Facebook from its beginnings to today.
Financial figures on Facebook
Net income was $ 5.14 billion for the third quarter of 2018.
Facebook’s IPO reached $ 16 billion, making it the third largest in US history.
Facebook ranks fourth among the most valuable companies in the world. Its market value is $ 94.8 billion.
Since 2012, Facebook has spent more than $ 22.4 billion buying out competitors like Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus. That is the number that is known. There have been many acquisitions where the cost was not disclosed.
Facebook has 33,606 employees.
Mark Zuckerberg’s salary is $ 1 a year.
Which is not too tragic when your own fortune is $ 55.6 billion.
Facebook user numbers
Facebook has 2.27 billion monthly active users (3rd quarter 2018).
Of these, over 1 billion use the mobile application.
There are 1.49 billion daily active users.
47 percent of Facebook users only access the platform via mobile devices.
83 percent of parents who are on Facebook are friends with their children there.
Facebook receives 500,000 new users every day, that's 6 new profiles per second.
68 percent of adults in the US use Facebook. 51 percent use it several times a day.
Worldwide, 26.3 percent of the online population uses Facebook.
The average number of friends is 338 and the median is 200.
Half of the Internet users who do not use Facebook know someone close to them who is on Facebook.
24 percent of them say that they look at posts and photos on their account.
Facebook marketing statistics
There are 60 million company pages on Facebook.
Over 2 billion people can be reached through Facebook Ads.
But only 6 million of these companies are "active advertisers".
That said, 75 percent of brands pay for sponsored posts.
Of the 70 billion dollars spent on mobile advertising worldwide in 2015, Facebook was able to claim 19 percent of it.
78 percent of Facebook's advertising revenue comes from mobile ads.
The average click rate on Facebook is 0.9 percent.
Adding a CTA button can increase the click rate by 2.85 times.
In 2015, the average ad revenue per user was $ 11.96.
49 percent of users like a Facebook page to endorse a brand they like.
40 percent of users don't like brand pages at all - which means paid ads are the only way to get them.
Videos get the highest level of engagement, even if they make up only 3 percent of all content shared.
Mobile advertising accounts for 80 percent of Facebook’s advertising revenue.
Posts published on Thursday or Friday receive the highest engagement.
- Can a person be permanently hypnotized
- What is wage slavery
- What makes a drum hit interesting
- Where does wood for furniture come from
- How can I order Abayas in Dubai
- What are the principles of green marketing
- How would you reform the death penalty
- How did the uprising of 1857 end
- What is the national fruit of Afghanistan
- What is Zara's target audience
- How do I find jobs in Manila
- Can we ever heal from psychological trauma?
- Which are the famous marketplaces in Jhansi
- What was Zaha Hadid's design process
- Why do diamonds cut diamonds
- Do you feel better after practicing yoga?
- What makes someone question their career choice?
- How do we protect our national heritage
- How to bleach dyed hair
- Which states sell Yuengling beer
- How do psychedelics affect the hippocampus
- Which companies are considered big tech
- In India, secularism means against Hinduism
- What fashion apps are popular in Thailand
- Is Master Chief at Halo Reach
- What was the first medical treatment
- What languages do the French speak
- What amount of rice is suitable for nutrition
- Is it worth working at naukri com
- What is VLSI for ECE students
- What are some types of universal health care
- Are entrepreneurs selfish? If so, why
- How do I buy pearls in bulk?