How can a student apply for Canada

The student visa for Canada

Canada, the country with two cultural and language areas, casts its spell over young explorers every year: travelers, working travelers, volunteers, au pairs, farm workers, but also students. With a degree in Canada, you will get to know the diverse culture of Canadians in French or English-speaking countries up close. To be able to study in Canada for more than six months, however, you need a student visa. Here you can find out how and where you can apply for it and what else you need to consider.


Studying in Canada

Every year is called Canada 150,000 foreign pupils and students welcome to educational institutions across the country. Canadian universities and colleges have a very good reputation on the international stage and guarantee high quality in research, teaching and training.

You do not need a study permit for a study course that lasts less than six months. For all study visits lasting longer than six months, however, a Student visa (also called "study permit" or "permis d’études", depending on the region).

The Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is automatically issued with the student visa.

Canadian Student Visa Requirements

A student visa is required for all study courses in Canada lasting longer than six months. All university courses and vocational training courses (e.g. computer and business courses) under six months of course duration may be attended with a tourist visa for Canada.

To apply for a student visa, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Admission at a Canadian college or other educational institution as a full-time student. The Canadian Embassy cannot help you find a suitable university.
  • Proof of sufficient financial resourcesl to cover tuition fees, living costs and return flight ticket, if necessary by submitting a current account statement with bank stamp.