Think beauty contests are useful
Miss Venezuela Beauty Pageant: Moving away from 90-60-90
Caracas - In the Miss Venezuela beauty pageant, the body measurements of the candidates will no longer be given. The organizers of the competition justified this with a deliberate departure from "stereotypes".
"The beauty of women does not depend on 90-60-90," said communications director Gabriela Isler before the competition on Thursday. "It is measured by the talent of every single woman." So far, the dimensions of the candidates have always been announced at the event. For a long time, a chest circumference of 90 centimeters, a waist circumference of 60 centimeters and a hip circumference of 90 centimeters were considered the ideal of beauty. To achieve this, women who want to become beauty queens undergo drastic diets - and not infrequently also cosmetic surgery.
Beauty pageants are particularly popular in Venezuela and are sometimes a stepping stone to global fame. In the past seven Miss Universe and six Miss World came from the South American country. On Thursday, 24 candidates will compete for the Miss Venezuela title in the capital Caracas.
The competition takes place amid a severe political and economic crisis in the country. There have been repeated blackouts across the country in the past few months. For the organizers of the beauty pageant, it is a horror idea that the power could fail in Caracas on Thursday: Due to a lack of funds, there is no emergency plan for a blackout, as communications director Isler said. (APA, AFP, July 31, 2019)
- Obama is circumcised
- Is Kerala really a part of India
- Are Arabs classified as brown people
- Is owning a bar good business?
- How can Fooducate be improved
- Why does Cambodia use two currencies
- What is the nature of objective reality
- What's your biggest fight in iMovie
- What is the right ideology
- Is AIDS curable now?
- What is utility computing in cloud computing
- How important is cleaning and repair of the boiler
- What is the annual salary according to MBBS
- Who is your favorite animated film villain?
- Can you be openly gay in Russia?
- How do payment counters work
- Which question changed your view of life
- All life is sacred
- Who is better Gandhi versus Ambedkar
- Can i study Hindustani music
- How do I plan global trips
- Why not ban imports from China
- Who Funds RSS
- Why is there so much school anime