Is Mexico a tropical country
Weather, climate, climate tables, temperatures & best travel times worldwide
Mexico belongs for the most part to North America, while a small southern part is included in Central America. It extends from the 15th to the 32nd parallel north latitude. The enormous north-south extension of over 3,000 kilometers and the location between the Atlantic, Caribbean and Pacific as well as the mountains with heights of over 5,300 meters ensure a high Diversity of different climatic conditions.
On the California border in Northwest Mexico, north of the tropics, one arrives at subtropical climate with wet winters and significant temperature differences between the seasons. Here it gets up to 35 degrees warm in summer, with maximum temperatures of over 40 degrees. In winter it gets around ten degrees cooler.
South of the 23rd degree north latitude are unambiguous Dry and rainy season to distinguish. Little rainfall falls from Late November to early June, while in the rainy season from June to November showers can be expected again and again, which fall mainly in the second half of the day and at night.
The Annual average temperatures are at altitudes of up to 1,000 meters at an average of 27 degrees Celsius, which are only slightly lower in the cooler times. Correspondingly lower temperatures are reached in a higher position. Mexico City at 2,300 meters has an average temperature of 15 degrees a year, low temperatures of just five degrees are normal in January. in the Northwest Mexico and on the Plateau is it dry, with around 300 to 600 millimeters of precipitation per year. in the southeast against it up to 2,000 millimeters of precipitation fall.
Rain in mexico
Average rainfall per month in Mexico
lowest rainfall in Mexico: 35 mm per year = approx. 3 mm per month on the southwest coast of Baja California.
average rainfall: 768 mm per year = 64 mm per month. This value is in the range of the average precipitation in Germany (approx. 60 mm per month)
highest rainfall: 4816 mm per year = approx. 401 mm per month, north of the city of Oaxaca. The humid air masses from the direction of the Gulf of Mexico rain down on the Sierra Madre de Oaxaca mountain range.
Temperature in mexico
lowest average temperature in Mexico: - 2.0 ° C, in the region around the highest mountain in Mexico with 5610 m, the Citlaltépetl (also known as Pico de Orizaba) and around the 5462 m high Popocatépetl, both east of Mexico City.
Average temperature: 20.4 ° C
highest average temperature: 29.5 ° C, in the valley of the Atoyac River with the El Infiernillo reservoir on the border between the states of Guerrero and Michoacán. Approx. 250 km southeast of Guadalajara.
Weather in Mexico City, the capital of Mexico
Weather in Mexico: The temperatures and precipitation for Mexico City, Mexico are from the website yr.no and are provided by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation. The forecast is updated four times a day.
Climate zones in Mexico
Marking of the climatic zones in Mexico
- Tropical rainforest climate: year-round high temperatures and rainfall, no dry season
- Tropical monsoon climate: short dry season, heavy monsoon rains outside the dry season
- Tropical savannah climate: alternately humid, one or two dry seasons
- Hot desert climate: hot and very dry all year round
- Cold desert climate: hot summer, cold winter. Very dry all year round
- Hot steppe climate: dry climate, hot summer, mild to warm winter
- Cold steppe climate: dry climate, hot summer, cold winter
- Mediterranean climate with hot summers: mild climate. Summer hot and dry, winter humid
- Winter-dry subtropical climate: mild climate. Summer hot and humid, winter dry
- Winter dry oceanic climate: warm humid summers, dry winters
- Humid subtropical climate: mild climate. No dry season, hot summers
- Oceanic climate: mild climate. No dry season, warm summers
Best travel time for Mexico
In Mexico there are especially those drier months from October to May popular with vacationers. During this time of year, however, warm clothing is necessary for sightseeing in higher elevations and city tours. Snow can fall at high altitudes.
Tourist high season: Note that many Mexicans travel especially in December and January and in the week before Easter. In March and April, American students come to Mexico for their spring break. Accommodation prices rise during these times, hotels should be booked for in advance.
in the Northwest Mexico (north of the Tropic of Capricorn) you can also do the Summer months Consider, as the winter is quite humid and relatively cool here.
On the island of Isla Holbox off the Yucatan peninsula, you can dive and snorkel with whale sharks from June to mid-September (preferably from mid-July to late August). During this time, the largest fish in the world are attracted by the abundance of plankton in the region.
During the rainy season, the high humidity can be very stressful and in some parts of the country it can get very hot. Also in Mexico between June and November again and again tropical cyclones occur. The weather is often unstable, especially in September and October, and even just the foothills of a hurricane can bring about bad weather.
Here you will find more detailed information on the climate, weather and travel time in Mexico as well as precise climate information for the Mexican capital Mexico City and for Cancún on the Yucatan.
For a detailed monthly overview with numerous maps of maximum temperatures, average temperatures, night temperatures and rain in Mexico, simply click on the desired month:
Warmest month in Mexico: June and July - average temperature of 24.6 ° C each
Coolest month: January - average temperature of 14.7 ° C
Driest month: March - an average of 16 mm of rain. Comparably little rain falls in April (18 mm) and February (19 mm).
Humidest month: September - an average of 140 mm of rain. A similar amount of rain falls in Mexico in August (138 mm) and July (137 mm).
Climate table Mexico
Climate in Mexico: Mexico City
Climate in Mexico (North, Pacific): Tjiuana
Mexico Climate (South, Caribbean): Cancun
Here you can find more climate tables for Mexico.
Climate in North America
For information on the climate, the best travel time and weather in other North American countries and areas, simply click on the names on the map:
- Do adults need an MMR booster
- How do you improve your strength
- What is the C language used for?
- Are there urologists
- How do psychedelics affect the hippocampus
- How popular is rugby in France
- Who was Michael Jackson
- Are drug sniffers ever petted?
- Who discovered England
- Can you write some hacking tricks
- Are Navajo US citizens
- How are pearls harvested
- Has your folliculitis ever gone away?
- Can you recommend a good badminton racket
- Debt collection agencies can take your home
- What distinguishes a health system
- What is the Bengali name of quinoa
- What's your biggest fight in iMovie
- How well are NIFT students placed
- What is the scope of psychology in Nepal
- What's worse is wasting time or money
- What is the difference between patriotism and racism
- How can I write for TOI
- Who wins Tony Ferguson or Khabib