Why do I experience so many coincidences
When the coincidences pile up, you are on the right track
Last update: 23 September, 2020
You know when you are on the right track. Little by little, more and more coincidences appear on the horizon, your heart is filled with contentment and this cautious joy, which gives you to understand that your efforts are paying off. When your mind is focused on what it really wants and is open to it, Your environment is no longer shaped randomly according to our wishes, but because you have made the right decisions.
We have all experienced this feeling before. That feeling where, without knowing why, suddenly small coincidences happen, which are in a certain way connected to each other. Coincidences that seem to adapt to our plan.
Edmund Halley, an 18th-century English astronomer, recognized in his day that the records other astronomers had made of certain comets in orbit, which they dismissed as "pure coincidences", were none at all . Halley dared to predict that these patterns would describe the path of a lonely comet that would appear every 75 years, and he was right.
But the subject of coincidences is not undisputed. Mathematicians Persi Diaconis and Frederick Mosteller from the University of California (California, USA) stated in a 1989 study that we shouldn't pay too much attention to coincidences, because they are nothing more than strange, untrustworthy events that would hardly ever help us predict anything. Would we know about Halley’s Comet today if those astronomers had not happened to look at the sky?
"The more a person plans his approach, the easier it will be for chance to find him."
And what does not mean too much attention? Bernard Beitman, a psychiatrist at the University of Virginia (Virginia, USA) published a very interesting book a few years ago called Connecting with Coincidence (in German: How to connect with chance not available in German), in which he explains that these random events would sometimes determine our own fate.
Sometimes the concatenation of several coincidences gives us a decisive indication of somethingthat we can only determine with openness, trust and determination.
Decisions, movements and coincidences
If you are on the right track, you have set yourself a goal in advance. A goal that you are working towards and where everything gradually comes into balance. Maybe you are studying for an entrance exam, or you are looking for a means to bring a project to life, you are striving for stability in your relationship or you want to overcome a personal problem. For all of this, variables have to be changed so that they can act in the same direction.
At different points in our lives, each of us is forced to strive to devise this plan, where happiness and stability await us at the finish line. This is part of our desire for self-actualization and personal growth. One aspect that we cannot and must not forget on this path are coincidences.
Josh Tenenbaum, cognitive scientist and psychologist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Massachusetts, USA) explains that although these events sometimes follow no logic and are nothing more than random events, other times, coincidences are as instructive as they are indispensable in our lives.
Coincidences, the mind and personal growth
Coincidences, Tenenbaum explains, favor many of the conclusions our minds draw. In fact, our brains are programmed to recognize any abnormal and random stimuli and try to make associations in order to understand them and facilitate the learning process.
David Spiegelhalter, statistician at the University of Cambridge (England, UK), has been researching the subject of coincidences for years. The results of his work were published in the online magazine The Atlantic released. In the opinion of this professor, coincidences can only be understood with proper statistical analysis.
With the help of this very method we arrive at an interesting insight: The most striking coincidences have to do with our social relationships. An example of this is that we meet our future partners in different places. Another example is meeting someone who tells us about fascinating projects in which we ultimately realize ourselves. Often this happens exactly at the moment when we need a change most.
This hypothesis also applies vice versa and mirror holder shows that where someone wants and expects something, but does not contribute, there is little correlation. That means that only when we move and create new situations do those coincidences arise that we can use in our favor.
"With everything that surrounds us and with everything that moves us, we shouldn't forget that chance has a hand in it."
You just know when you're on the right track
As we can see coincidences are the result of life's vicissitudes. But also this impulse that we ourselves generate with our personal and mental readiness. All of this leads us to understand certain aspects that we should think about for a moment:
- When you are on the right path, those events which you favor and which are initiated by a related, decisive coincidence are mixed up. One example of this is the work of scientists and researchers. In their daily analyzes and experiments, they often come across a wide range of information, but only individual facts that enable them to come to an astonishing insight.
- You are well on your way even when your mind is open to everything that is happening around you. Only a watchful eye and a curious brain that wants to learn and looks for stimuli that are in its favor can see true coincidences. We're talking about those coincidences that sometimes follow one another until they get us where we want to be.
- At the same time, another aspect to consider is that there are moments when negative coincidences occur: You get sick on the very day you have your entrance exam, a technical defect in the presentation of a joint project, etc. Even if these unfortunate events occur to us by chance, we should not forget that they are very likely not at all so random and, according to statistics, even normal.
- A coincidence can be positive, negative, or neutral, but what matters in the end is how we choose to deal with that event. The way we do this, the reaction, the mental focus, and the behavior we display in the face of this event will indeed determine our fate. And it is not accidental.
Albert Einstein once said that life itself is a wonderful coincidence. To find out how best to live it, you need a strong will. You also have to approach him with a positive and hopeful attitude and be open to new things. Therefore we should develop this personal view of life and in no way ignore or disregard the possibilities that are presented to us every day.You might be interested in ...
- Why should someone like INTPs
- Can you fake empathy?
- Do the Australians know what Thanksgiving is
- Who is the Parsi god
- Why do you like Elizabeth Warren
- What are logical errors in psychology
- Why do dried fruits taste so terrible
- Why are people so ambitious
- Is Han nationalism mainstream in China
- Can I sell my own kpop merchandise?
- How did China affect Japan?
- What are the beneficial effects of hessonite
- Are degrees recognized by UniSA in Canada
- Nikola Tesla was asexual
- Are about to be jailed and arrested
- What event changed your life?
- How is magic cow in thirteen letters
- Is borderline personality disorder hereditary
- What does an animation film director do
- How do you become a mermaid 1
- Which is better ISB or INSEAD
- How did you land your dream girl
- Where is colonial Georgia located
- America is now great again under Trump