Speed dating burlington on

This legislation also gave the project a new name: the Garden State Parkway.

Less common are the approximately 100 concrete girder-and-beam and 25 concrete elliptical arch bridges, all of which were constructed in the 1940's by the New Jersey State Highway Department for the NJ 4 Parkway.With only 18 miles of parkway completed by 1950, financing the remainder of the parkway had become difficult, but officials soon came up with another plan modeled on the successful New Jersey Turnpike.On April 14, 1952, the State Legislature enacted legislation to create the New Jersey Highway Authority, which was to construct, operate and maintain a self-sufficient toll parkway from Paramus to Cape May.This 1960 photo shows the Garden State Parkway at EXIT 136 (Centennial Avenue) in Cranford.Note how the stone-arch overpass design borrows from the New York parkways designed by Robert Moses.

Leave a Reply